This is a pretty combination of colorful fruits, combining Northern flavors with tropical ones.
What you need:
- 2 large navel oranges
- 3 cups seedless red grapes
- 2 kiwi fruit, peeled, quartered and sliced
- 1 can (20 ounce) pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1 cup sweetened dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup toasted chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Zest oranges to measure two teaspoons finely chopped orange peel. Place peel in glass measuring cup and add maple syrup and vanilla. Set aside.
Peel oranges and separate into sections. Combine with other fruits in a serving bowl. Drizzle maple syrup combination over fruit and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate. Top with toasted nuts just before serving.