- 8 slices cinnamon bread or cinnamon raisin bread
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg white
- 1/3 cup sugar (white, brown, or maple)
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup Campfire Caramel Sauce
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Cut bread into 3/4 inch cubes and place evenly in a buttered baking dish. Put eggs, egg white and sugar in a large mixing bowl and whisk together. Stir in the milk, syrup, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt. Pour mixture evenly over bread.
Bake in preheated oven until lightly browned on top and middle is set, about 40 minutes.
Drizzle warm caramel sauce over bread pudding before serving. Good for brunch, dessert, or on chilly, blustery afternoons accompanied by a hot cup of Finger Lakes coffee.