What You Need: (the best quality available, of course)
- Large eggs
- Fresh mushrooms, practically any type, ¼ pound per person
- Tanna’s Tuscan Sea Salt
- Olive Oil
- Really Good Multigrain Bread
- Dry white vermouth
- Chopped fresh spinach, optional
- Snipped chives, if you happen to have any growing in the flower bed
- Allow two eggs per serving, and one or two slices of bread.
Slice mushrooms and chop stems. Sauté in 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil. Sprinkle with Tanna’s Tuscan Sea Salt, to taste. The salt will help the mushrooms give up their liquid, impart a wonderful flavor, and it marries beautifully with the vermouth. When the mushrooms begin to soften, add a splash of vermouth and stir. As the vermouth is absorbed, add more vermouth as desired. Chopped spinach may be added now, if you like.
Poach eggs. Toast bread and butter lightly; cut into toast points. Arrange as many points as desired on plate and top with two eggs. Spoon mushrooms over eggs and sprinkle with chives. Serve with fresh tomatoes.