This is a terrific side dish. Colorful, healthy, and delicious.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable or olive oil
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 3 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into “fries”
- Tanna’s Tuscan Sea Salt (or salt and pepper) to taste
Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil, to save clean-up.
Combine oil, maple syrup, and cayenne pepper in a large zippered freezer bag. Add sweet potato slices to bag and gently shake to coat. Place potato slices in an even layer on baking sheet. Sprinkle Tanna’s Tuscan Sea Salt to taste.
Bake in preheated oven for 8 minutes. Turn potato slices and continue baking until tender in the middle, about 7 minutes more. Serve with just about anything- great with pulled pork and chicken; also a great vegetarian side dish.